Travelblog!

This is just a little look into the travels of a young Irish woman, who's having the time of her life.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Well I’m still in chiang mai and loving every second since i was talk to you last we went on a three day trek up through the jungle and it was amazing!! A few times I thought I was going to die we were climbing and climbing and climbing the heat and humidity were killing me. As well as me being the most unfit person in the whole world but when we got to the top, the views where just amazing not that we had long to look, it was back to walking again until we reached the tribal village where we stayed the night and met a really cool local guy which we had a right laugh with and he ended up coming on the rest of the trek with us.

Day two of the trek this was an easier day we trekked a little up and a lot of down hill stopped at a beautiful water fall for lunch and a swim which was pretty cool, then back trekking a bit more up hill nearly dieing for the 50th time and stopped at the top for a rest when everyone was having a laugh and messing when all of a sudden yes yes Sheena gets bit by something my had started swelling so I think it might have been a spider but we walked down hill, for about 50 min in which I rolled half the way, I fell twice 1st time into a nest of ants and got bit then second time into a thorn bush still have them can’t get the thorns out. But made it to the bottom where we were staying beside the river.

Had a very drunken night a lot of fun with both locals and other people on the trek went to bed pretty late and got up the next morning, myself and Alan were brushing our teeth by the river when all of a sudden 2 elephants came running past I was very frightened but excited as well their minder was taking them for there morning wash in the river it was soooo cooool! We spent ages just standing watching them and the minder couldn’t get them out of the river. It was so funny.

After breakfast it was elephant riding but us 4 opted out as we done it before and think it’s a little cruel so we waited until everyone else was finished then we went white water rafting well I was nervous getting in but when we got going it was so exciting had the time of my life so brilliant. After all that excitment we just relaxed on a bamboo raft floating down the river and stopped for lunch and back to the city again. I have to say though and all as it was I really enjoyed it such a good experience.

Well still in chiang mai myself and Donna done a Thai cooking course had a lot of fun there too! Where leaving for chiang rai tomorrow or the next day for a few days then back to chiang mai to fly to Bangkok on Sunday evening and we fly to Delhi India at 02.00am Monday morning. Will fill you in really soon with the next installment.

HERE ARE A FEW PHOTOS OF DONNA AND I COOKING THAI STYLE!

















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home